Mental and Physical fitness for sailing by Alan Beggs, John Derbyshire & John Whitmore
This book describes the psychological strategies the world class sailors use to set goals, manage stress and build confidence. Part 3 contains photo sequences of sailing-specific exercises that can be used to build an individual training programme.
- Set goals for confidence building and competition.
- Learn effective self-talk and straight thinking.
- Make stress work for you, not against you.
- Harness the power of visualisation.
- Learn to stay focussed so that you can cope with distractions.
- Build and maintain the on-boat relationships that really work.
- Plan your own fitness programme.
- Aerobic and Anaerobic exercises.
- Recognise the value of rest and recovery.
- Learn now to train both on the water and in the gym.